26 Aug 2020
Covid-19 Risk Assessments
In line with government advice surrounding preventive measures to protect against spreading of Covid-19 we have prepared full risk assessments for both of our sites.
- The environment will be safe (both sites are well-maintained, clean buildings with a clear exit route in case of emergencies and first aid kits available). Take Part staff know exactly what to do in the event of a fire or emergency and will communicate this to our pupils effectively.
- Rooms are well-ventilated, lots of opportunities for open windows and doors.
- Soap or hand sanitiser will be readily available for staff and children to clean their hands. Both sites have posters promoting frequent hand-washing and the ‘catch it, bin it, kill it’ approach.
- The settings will be cleaned frequently (for example, cleaning checklists in toilets are visible and completed regularly).
- Use of toilets and changing rooms will be managed to prevent overcrowding.
- Children attending the setting are in small, consistent groups of no more than 15 children with one member of staff.
- Social distancing will be promoted, through physical markers.
- A designated person is responsible for first aid.
- A thorough clean of all contact points will be done after each group session to prevent risk of contamination.
- All Take Part staff have relevant training to deal with child protection and safeguarding issues.
- Our child protection policy is available for download via the ‘Policies & Procedures’ page. The policy document outlines how children can report concerns and how Take Part as the provider will make parents aware of them.
- There is an appointed safeguarding lead in each of our settings for the duration of our workshops and classes.
- A parental consent form, which asks for medical information and emergency contact details, will be required before your child attends for the first time which you will by now have received. You may be refused entry if one or more of these forms remain incomplete as they form an essential part of our track and trace processes.
- A complaints process is in place and is available to download from our ‘Policies & Procedures page’.
- All our staff members and volunteers are aware of the new safety measures Take Part have introduced during the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak.
- Staff members and volunteers have had relevant training to deal with child protection issues.
- Staff and volunteers have completed relevant qualifications and all have Enhanced DBS checks.
Should you have any further questions surrounding any of the above, please do not hesitate to get in touch. You can download the risk assessments for both Glossop and New Mills here: