We are hiring! Head of Schools, New Mills and Glossop
13 Nov 2023
An exciting opportunity awaits to join our fantastic team!
A Take Part Head of School is a true creative mastermind and an inspiration to the communities we serve. They’re the glue that holds everything together, ensuring a top-notch service for all. This gig is a biggie and comes with a ton of responsibility, including managing the nitty-gritty of safeguarding, human resources, finance, logistics, health & safety, premises, and processes, along with the creative aspect of productions. As the face of their setting, this leader must be a stellar communicator, an organisational wizard, and have top-notch leadership skills, as they’re responsible for setting the direction of the school. You’ll set the bar high for business ethics and strategically deploy resources to help Take Part achieve its objectives. With your expert operational know-how, you’ll keep our Saturday School running like a well-oiled machine. It’s a tough gig, but a rewarding one for someone passionate about driving a team and bringing out the best in young people, safely.
We are committed to recruiting candidates who share our commitment to safeguarding, and therefore we apply robust recruitment and selection procedures to ensure that the people selected are right for the job, and that all candidates are appropriately screened prior to appointment. Application forms must be submitted, we do not accept cv’s.
Please click on the links below, and submit applications to email@example.com addressed to Louise Coker, Managing Director.
The closing date for applications is 5pm, Thursday 30 November 2023.
Interviews will take place on Thursday 7 December 2023.
We can’t wait to hear from you!
Essential Job Functions
- Safeguarding and Child Protection – Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead (prepared to train).
- Responsibility for safeguarding and child protection. Overall duty of care toward the children who attend the setting, taking reasonable steps to ensure the safety of the children and to protect them from harm.
- Managing safeguarding concerns, and ensuring mental health and wellbeing throughout setting.
- Making sure that everyone working or volunteering with or for children and young people at Take Part understands the safeguarding and child protection policy and procedures and knows what to do if they have concerns about a child’s welfare.
- Creativity – Overall responsibility for the production from audition process to performance.
- Paedeatric First Aider (prepared to train).
- Admin & Communication.
- Safer recruitment and line management responsibilities.